Episode 3: Hungry?
In episode 3
- Andrew and Ben make some BREADY meals
- We look at HUNGER – and why it’s so important for characters in books
- Ben shows us how to draw the hungriest pigeon – Homey
- A Real Pigeons fans asks a question via video
- Ben challenges everyone to draw a three-course meal!
Subscribe for all the pigeons coos
Draw a menu of FOOD!
We challenge you to draw a menu for a three-course meal.
You can make the food as delicious, disgusting or decadent as you like.
Let your imagination – and your tastebuds – run wild!
Share your menu – and win!
Share your drawing on social media with the hashtag #RealPigeonsChallenge to go in the running to win a copy of Real Pigeons Peck Punches. Competition ends Tuesday 2nd June at 11.59pm. Winner will be chosen at random and announced on Andrew and Ben’s social media channels. Australia and New Zealand residents only. Good luck pigs!
Draw Homey Pigeon
Homey Pigeon is really fun to draw. Give it a shot!
And then have a big meal of breadcrumbs. Homey would want you to!
Download the ‘How to draw Homey’ activity sheet (PDF, 1.4MB).
Write about food
Finish the following sentences. Be as creative as you can. This is the one time you should play with your food!
- My favourite food is…
- My least favourite food is…
- A better use for my least favourite food would be…
- If I was a piece of fruit I would be a…
- Donuts can be eaten but they can also be used to…
- Spaghetti is fun to slurp but you can also use it to…
- If I had to invent a new meal I would call it…
- And it would be made out of…
- The best food to have a food fight with is…
- If a type of food ever came to life and wanted to rule the world, it would be…
- And it would start its evil plan by (continue your story)…
- Write a story about what would happen if some food ate you…
Download the ‘Writing about food’ activity sheet (PDF, 1.3MB).
We hope you enjoyed this episode of The Super Coo Club!
Don’t miss episode four next week as we investigate how to write a mystery story! The episode out on Wednesday 3rd June, although subscribers get the link to the video earlier – subscribe to The Super Coo Club now if you haven’t already.
Until next week – high feather five!
– Andrew and Ben
Buy a Real Pigeons book
Real Pigeons books can be bought where all good books are sold.
While it’s a bit tricky to get to the shops at the moment, we recommend checking if your local bookshop is doing delivery, or look at any of the fabulous Australian retailers who sell books online such as Booktopia.